Food Manufacturing & Distribution
Test Company Situation Overview
A well-established food manufacturing and distribution company has a philosophy of developing managerial excellence and promoting from within. Considering their long-term growth goals, they have made continuous training investments focused on building efficient operations through exemplary leadership skills.
Throughout 2021, front-line operations managers, assistants, and team leaders participated in group training sessions intent on building the hard skills required for each of their roles. When the skills training series concluded, it became apparent that there was a need to elevate managerial proficiency to a higher level.
Forward-looking into the future, the company determined that shift managers and assistants would benefit from additional and more dedicated coaching. The coaching process focused on implementing the skills learned during the prior training program, into action. Recognizing that its leaders must have strong inner-selves capable of not only managing operations effectively in times of uncertainty, dynamic change, and aggressive goals, they must also become a force multiplier of support that inspires others in the organization to opt-in and align to the growth and efficiency mission.
Test for a difference in individual growth resulting from adaptive reprogramming training using Meta-Brain Leader™. Utilizing adaptive theory and hyper-learning as its foundation, Meta-Brain Leader™ discovers self-limiting beliefs imbedded in leadership personas and guides the behavior modifications that are aligned with role model behaviors.
- Quantitative Measurement: Pre- and post-scores on Cykometrix human characteristics for team leadership.
- Qualitative Measurement: Pre- and post-survey questionnaire investigating the human experience.
Solution Test Plan
Ed Krow, Talent Transformation Expert and Chief Knowledge Officer at Meta-Brain Labs™, implemented the Cykometrix assessment to determine baseline skill sets coupled with a four-month, one-on-one coaching plan for each program participant, with 3 shift managers and 3 assistant shift managers.
- An initial assessment was completed by each participant to establish baseline behavior the week of August 22, 2022. A second assessment to determine progress was completed during the week of October 3, 2022. At that point the participants had been introduced to initial concepts surrounding an increase in empathy, not making others wrong, and valuing intent.
- 2 participants were given breathing exercises to do for two weeks following the initial coaching session, with no other homework. We will refer to them as the CONTROL group.
- 2 participants had a short session with Alexandrea Day, CEO of Meta-Brain Labs, to determine where they struggle with conflict. They were given breathing exercises to do along with recording and listening to several affirmations uncovered as a result of the session with Alexandrea. We will refer to them as the IN-PERSON group.
- The final 2 participants used the Meta-Brain app to determine why they struggle. They were given breathing exercises to do along with recording and listening to several affirmations uncovered as a result of the session with the chatbot. We will refer to them as the META-BRAIN APP & HEADSET group.
Key areas of development based on the assessment were Dependability, Empathy, Conscientiousness, and Agreeableness. The results are documented in the table below.
||Meta-Brain App & Headset
- As compared to the controls, the leader group who participated in the program saw a heavy shift to the upper percentiles on dependability
- On the measurement of empathy, leaders who went through the Meta-Brain Leader™ program saw higher gains than those who did not.
Participants in the program changed their approach to using emotions in the workplace.
- Pre-program, participants reported that in leadership roles, they utilize emotions to gain trust with others and to demonstrate inclusion to build success.
- Post-program, participants relayed that leadership comes from a place of self-awareness and self-acceptance.
- Post-program, participants asserted the program surfaced new information about themselves that brought “relief” and “comfort”.
“It helped me evaluate myself and how I speak to my coworkers.”
“This will make me a better manager and benefit my team as well. It has also made me learn more about myself.”
Limitations & Summary
This study assessed both the application of adaptive theory to leadership development and the viability of delivering the experience through a phone application. Though the sample size was mall (n=6), the quantitative and qualitative data collected strongly support the application of adaptive theory practices in leadership development programs. Further, the app-based users expressed a deep value in communicating with their own self-beliefs through the phone application. We believe these results provide robust support to advance the incorporation of the Meta-Brain Leader™ program into organizational development learning modules and coaching.
After only a couple of weeks effort, these results clearly show significant improvement and that the outcomes of Meta-Brain Leader™ app participants’ far exceed the outcomes of the non-app users. And while not quite as effective as live coaching sessions, the time and cost savings achieved by using the app instead of a live therapist were considerable with this self-appraisal, self-help process.
All coaching participants are now using the Meta-Brain app for their growth. A third assessment will be conducted following the end of the coaching sessions in December 2022.
Ed Krow Postscript
“Based on these results I plan to continue using the Meta-Brain Leader™ app throughout this coaching engagement and including it in all future coaching projects. The hyper-learning achieved by the participants will differentiate my results from other coaches in the field.”w
Very interesting and encouraging. This study could serve as a model for further research of this kind ideally using a much larger group of participants. Keep the data coming!